The industries GMPs apply to include
- Light commercial applications
- Multi-residential applications
- High-rise applications
- Body corporates
- Mixed developments
- Shopping centres
How our GMP process works
- Customers send the inquiries (specifications, single line diagrams etc, for pricing.)
- Our estimators choose the most suitable group meter panel for the particular application and installation requirement (indoor, outdoor, wall mounted, free standing etc)
- Quotes are the sent to the customers.
- When customers place orders, we use an advanced online design software and AutoCAD design tools to generate the approval and construction drawings (generally within 48-72 hours).
- Upon approval of the shop drawings, the switchboards are assembled and fitted with required electrical equipment (circuit breakers, switches, controls etc) and wired to specifications and electrical drawings.
- The manufacturing process takes from 5 to 20 working days based on the complexity of the group meter panel. Stock standard group meter panels will be completed within 2-5 working days.
- Panel boards are then delivered to customers after final testing and QA.
Frequently Asked Questions about our GMP
Q: What is the design standard used for manufacturing meter panels?
A: Our design engineers will design the meter panels in compliance with AS/NZS3000, AS/NZS61439, AS/NZS 3439.1 and follow all relevant service installation rules per state.
Q: Can the meter panels be installed outdoors?
A: Not all types of meter panels can be installed outdoor. DaRa switchboards manufacture DSS types of group meter panels that are NATA certified for IP56 rating. Economical range, indoor standard type group meter panels are also manufactured and stocked at DaRa for quick deliveries.
Q: Which circuit breakers are used in DaRa Group Meter Panels?
A: We can customise our meter panels and main switchboards with group metering to fit most of the switchgear brands available in Australia. Generally, our meter panels can be fitted with Legrand, NHP, ABB, Schneider, CBI, GE, Eaton etc
Q: Can DaRa Switchboards manufacture custom group meter panel boards?
A: Our speciality is in manufacturing custom group metering panels using our fully integrated manufacturing facility. We can custom make switchboards with many combinations of single phase and three phase tenancy metering, supply capacity control, service protection, public light and power distribution sections with lighting controls.
Q: How long does it take to manufacture a meter panel?
A: Standard meter panels are turned around within 5 working days from order and approval of shop drawings in our express production plant in Cranbourne while the custom meter boards will be manufactured within 20 working days from order and approval of shop drawings in our custom switchboard production plant in Mulgrave.